Stick to What You Know
Mail and telephone solicitations bring many tempting offers, but not all are legitimate. Be especially careful about deals that sound too good to be true, and keep the following advice in mind:
- Never give your account information to anyone claiming to be from Sun Federal or Visa unless you initiated the call. Our employees will only verify information – not ask for it!
- Be wary of high-pressure sales tactics, especially if the sale must be completed immediately.
- Record the name, address, phone number, and references of the soliciting organization.
- Ask questions. The fewer questions a telemarketer can answer, the less likely they’re legitimate.
- Don’t give your account number over the phone unless you initiated the call. When in doubt, consult the Better Business Bureau or the U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Notify the Post Office immediately if you change your address.
- Make sure your mailbox is secure, and promptly remove delivered mail.
- Call the Post Office immediately if you aren’t receiving your mail.
- If you are told of a forwarding order placed on your mail without your knowledge, go to the Post Office to check the signature and cancel the order.
- Avoid Phishing attacks