Our Way Of Life
Sun Federal provides you with personal service and a secure, trustworthy and local place to save, borrow and invest in yourself and your community.
In the spirit of "People Caring About People," the Mission of Sun Federal Credit Union is to improve the quality of life for each member through a personal and professional service relationship that results in members for a lifetime.
Sun Federal Credit Union Is:
- Focused on our member’s story, not their credit scores
- A full-service financial institution
- Made up of businesses & organizations (sponsor groups) & members of our communities
Sun Federal Credit Union Offers:
- Personal member relationships
- Lower rates & fees
- Online Banking, Bill Pay & eStatements
- Financial coaching & Lifetime Financial Advisors
Our Core Values
These values are the promises we make to each other and to our members. They are not only our beliefs, but also the commitments that guide our behaviors and decisions.
We choose each day, in all of our interactions, to demonstrate our individual integrity and the character of our organization revealing the true heart and soul of who we are.
We choose to connect in fellowship, to build long lasting deep bonds that are essential to our mission of members for a lifetime.
We choose to be the best that we can be in everything we do, performing at the highest level of impact through a rigorous pursuit of continuous improvement.
We choose to serve others with humility and care, to proactively respond to requests and meet needs, in the context of creating financial freedom and long term security.
We choose to work together; valuing and respecting all individuals, living our shared vision and achieving our common goals.
The culture of Sun Federal is a living reflection and testimony of our mission and values. Through expressions of shared beliefs and thinking, our sincere motivations and behaviors inspire our employee-centric environment.
What We are:
- Secure and connected like family
- Slow to anger
- Committed to the long view
- Leaders beyond position
- Wise and faithful stewards
What We know:
- Our mission purpose
- Expect boundaries and discipline
- We have cause to persevere
- "We" always comes before "me"
What We do:
- Live our shared values
- Honor and respect each other
- Celebrate, have fun, and laugh
- Serve from the heart
- Make decisions and learn from mistakes
- Improvise for the greater perspective
- Embrace learning and transformation
- Encourage physical and financial health
- We do what’s right and do what we say
Sun Federal CU helps with Surprise Gift…"New Car!"
Sun Federal CU Helps Us!
Sun Federal CU helped me achieve my dreams
How has Sun Federal CU Helped Me
Thank You for Helping Brenda's Wish
Here's what our members gained in 2022 in addition to great rates, products and trusting relationships...
Board of Director Elections Nomination Procedure
The 72nd Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, April 29, 2023. On that date, two (2) of the seven (7) Board of Director seats will be filled pursuant to the Sun Federal Credit Union By-Law Election Procedures. The open seats will be for three-year terms.
The eligibility requirements to become a Nominating Committee nominee for Board of Directors are that the applicant must:
be not less than 18 years of age; and
be a member in good standing of Sun Federal Credit Union.
Members interested in becoming a Nominating Committee nominee as a candidate for the office of Board of Director in the 2023 Sun Federal Credit Union elections may do so by filing an application with the Chairman of the Nominating Committee.
Applications are available by calling 419.794.7534 or 800.786.0945, ext. 7534. Applications must be received by the Nominating Committee,
at Sun Federal Credit Union, 1627 Holland Road, Maumee, OH 43537, no later than December 30, 2022.
Summary of the 2023 Annual Election Schedule
Pursuant to the Sun Federal Credit Union By-Laws, election of officers is by mail/electronic ballot. This affords every eligible member the opportunity to vote. In the event there is no more than one nomination for each available position, there being no seat contested, ballots will not be mailed out and parliamentary rule will apply and all nominees will be elected by acclamation at the Annual Meeting. There will be no nominations from the floor unless there is less than one nomination for each position available. The following is a summary of the relevant dates for the 2023 annual election:
- December 30, 2022: Deadline for receiving applications for consideration as a nominee by the Nominating Committee.
- January 27, 2023: The Nominating Committee files the names of all successful nominees with the Secretary and notifies all applicants as to whether or not they have been nominated. Secretary posts the names of all Nominating Committee nominees at each Credit Union office.
- By February 13, 2023: Those seeking nomination as a candidate for a Board of Director seat “By Petition” must submit a Nomination Packet.
- By February 17, 2023: The Nominating Committee will provide the petition collection form to all verified nominees by petition.
- March 20, 2023: Last day for nominations by petition to be filed with the Secretary of the Credit Union.
- March 24, 2023: Nominations received by petition posted at each Credit Union office.
- March 30, 2023: Mail/electronic ballots sent to members if any position is contested.
- April 24, 2023: If any seat is contested, mail/electronic ballots must be received by the “tellers of the election.”
- April 29, 2023: 72nd Annual Meeting Celebration