- Build your credit score. This three-digit score mirrors your credit habits and will determine if you get a home loan and at what rate.
- Build a down payment. You may need as much as 20% to 30% to qualify for the best rate; if you aren’t there yet, talk to a credit union lender about your options.
- Find an agent. A buyers’ agent works on your behalf rather than the seller’s. Ask friends and family for agent recommendations.
- Get preapproved. Your credit union loan officer can help you learn what you can afford, how much you qualify for, and what kind of loan is best for you.
- Locate the right house. Research neighborhoods and check out homes online to get ballpark pricing information.
Ready for the next step?
Our loan officers can give you personal guidance through the entire home buying experience.Email a Loan Officer