Grade Card Match
School smarts are an important step on the path to financial comfort and success so we like to reward our student members for keeping up good grades!
Our K-12 Student Member Grade Card Match program works like this:
- Study up!
- Earn an “A” or equivalent on your school grade card.
- Every time you earn that “A,” deposit $1 in your savings account.
- We’ll match that $1 deposit with our own $1 deposit into your savings account!
Bring in your glowing grade card and you can earn up to $5 per grading period!
Grade Card Match Rules
- Program valid for K-12 members in good standing.
- The deposit match is $1.00 for each "A" (90% and above) or "A" equivalent (Exceeding Expectations; S+, O for Outstanding, Excellent) on any subject up to a total of $5.00 per grade card and per official grading period (timeframe).
- Effort, conduct mid-term, exam or interim grades and outdated report cards are not eligible.
- Maximum of four matches per calendar year, per child. Maximum of $20 matched by Sun Federal annually.
- The deposit and match must occur within three (3) months of the report card date.
- Requesting the match:
- In Person:
1. Make a deposit into the child’s account.
2. The match will be made immediately if grades meet the criteria stated above.
- By Mail:
Submit the receipt showing a deposit into the child’s account (or include a deposit slip) and a copy of the most recent grade card (clearly showing the child's name and date).
- In Person:
- Children's deposits into a 30-month no minimum, add-on certificate are eligible and encouraged for a higher savings yield.
- Match requests made in-person will be matched immediately. Please allow 4 weeks for matching deposits requested by mail.
- Alternative grading methods for homeschooled children and children with special needs are eligible for the match.
If you have questions, please call Bobbi McConocha at (419) 794-7299.